Thread: Arma is Back

Arma is Back

We will shortly be starting up some regular Arma again, first mission night is Sunday 16th August at 7:30pm.

Previously we have played individual missions or occasionally missions linked to the previous but without any direct connection, this will be different. We will be running a campaign style game, what happens one week will have a direct impact on the following week, and so on. This game style has been requested and initially Rogue will be taking the lead on Sunday as mission Commander.

Because of the way each week will impact on what we can do later, i will please ask that if you would like to join us that you refresh you memories as to the Rules of Engagement. These will be extremely important and if not followed could spoil it for everyone.

So, what are we doing ?

PIC.jpg

A Persistent Whole Map mission, focused on Resistance Infantry and Guerrilla Tactics.
    Features:
    - Altis is in an All vs All war on which the players play the role of rebels fighting against foreign invaders.
    - Around 18 possible Side Missions which may happen everywhere. Assassination, Logistics, Destroy Assets, Rescue POWS, Conquer Missions in a wide variety on each type.
    - PvP Element: NATO players can join and try to disrupt rebel operations.
    - Possibility of Undercover Operations, same as a Resistance soldier can do.
    - AI Enemy Commander which reacts to your movements and manages his resources.
    - Enemy Network Comms that may be disrupted.
    - Anything may happen, anytime, anywhere.
    - Persistent Stat Save System: You won't loose game or server progress upon a game update.
    - Enhanced AI Squadmate control.
    - Build minefields, improve bases with static weapons which AI will use.
    - Altis gets destroyed as long as the war evolves.
    - From Guerrilla ambushes on the beginning to BIG battles at the end.

We will be running a completely vanilla server, no Mods at all to start with. So if you would like to join us all you need is the base game and nothing more.
    Once we are happy that the mission is running well and the server is stable we may enable some non compulsory mods such as Enhanced Movement, ShackTac User Interface and Advanced Urban Rappelling to name just a few.

Rogue will post shortly with some more detail of what to expect.
    The Battle of Damnation Alley, 25th January 2015
    'You are hereby awarded the Military Cross, posthumously, for an act of exemplary gallantry during active operations against the enemy on land.'

Community Administrator RogueTaylor's Avatar

Antistasi

Well Deadmen is time to live up to our names ! I have asked for only the elite, most tactical and best people I could get for this mission! Seems they are busy though so we will just have to make do with you lot and me to try and lead you all through this operation. The enemy have more men, more guns, bigger guns and they control the whole island right now. This will change though bit by bit we will take this island back, a town at first then an outpost and in the end we will take over the bases and airfields. Together we will take this island and help the people that live here. Let’s do this Deadmen!

So the mission is Antistasti we are a rebel group, we are going to be starting with very limited gear. The idea of this mission is to start with nothing and end with everything. We will start by savaging, going out and doing small mission to gather gear and support of the people, and we will need to gather everything we can from the enemy. After a few weeks and we will be looking at more of the mid game ( hopefully ), we will then look at taking a more aggressive stand against there bases. End game is going to using more heavy armour to make over the last bases, airfields and sea ports.

In this mission the main enemy that we will be facing is the NATO forces and they will control the island. CSAT will also be an enemy that we will be facing, they will have a carrier to the north of the island and they will also be attacking the NATO forces for control of the Island. NATO is going to be the main enemy for a long time as they will have the most resources to send against us, expect them to have better weapons and a lot more man power. They will also be sending in QRF( quick reaction force ) when ever we attack something so always be prepared for that once we have taken a place they will want it back, this means anything from a roadblock to an army base. Both of these teams will attack us on sight if they find us so we have a unique mechanic in this game called Undercover so they won’t find us.

Undercover is a way for our troops to get around the map and just look like civilians. This is great for scouting out a path for a mission and even scouting out a objective. If we can learn there numbers and equipment we can try to counter it. You go undercover by only having civilian clothing on, this means no weapons no vest no helmet. You can have these things in a vehicle or in a backpack but this is the best way to go undercover ... just watch out for dogs and they will will identify you and the enemy will shoot you.

The Commander, this is the person who is in charge. They will be able to request garrison, supplies, AI troops to help defend and attack, even build roadblocks and objectives like radio towers if we destroy them. I will be taking this role for the main part and giving people missions to do and setting the terms of use of equipment, since we only get what we scavenge. I won’t always be commander because it’s a role that is always taken up when someone is on the server so if you find yourself being commander please DON’T do anything stupid with these controls and don’t waste the resources we build up. This is also important, if you are the commander then please save the game when you get back to base and every time before you log off else this will bugger up the server and we will lose data and our time in game.

Teamwork, this will make the dream work. We need this more then ever since we are starting with nothing we have to work together to get everything from equipment to the support for the cities. Work as groups will make the mission easier, this could be a person acting as a scout in undercover mode while an armed group follow up, or you can go Charging In guns blazing. This goes by the normal DMW standard rules of engagement, work as a team in most cases, Always try to revive teammates.

There is much more in this miss that you will learn about over time and any questions please feel free to ask. I love this mission and have wanted this for a long time, I want to have a laugh while we talk over this island but common sense is something we will need. I will lead this mission as best as I can since I have the most experience in this mission so far. So Deadmen grab then guns as we are going to WAR!

Community Administrator RogueTaylor's Avatar
    Hello all, this is pretty much a bump to let people know that the sever for this is starting up at 7:30 tonight. The test play last week went as well as expected! But it was a great laugh. People bringing them explosives to a simple pick up supply mission. Me being hit by mortar while undercover. Taking a resource point to only be overrun by the whole NATO Army, 3 little bird. 2 transport chopper, some Sort of plane that paratroops jumped out of and a predator drone !! I mean we are good but not that good. Maybe with more of you we can fight them off ;) or have someone to find our corpses. It’s a laugh of a mission and something that we haven’t done before so fancy something a bit different please join in if not today then maybe in the week to do a little mission.

Rogue out

I will try to remember that we don't need C4 for every job ...... just most of them
    The Battle of Damnation Alley, 25th January 2015
    'You are hereby awarded the Military Cross, posthumously, for an act of exemplary gallantry during active operations against the enemy on land.'

Thread Information