Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Outriders

Outriders

No, not the Jimmy Page album from 1988.

Has anyone bought, been considering dipping into Outriders? Important point: Complete cross platform!

There is a demo of the game available from tomorrow and it does seem like a game done right for a change.

Seems to resonate with the Overwatch, Destiny or Warframe following with a nod to Crysis. It's not a live event game, where you microtransact, play events that are timeboxed etc, not in this game. It's jsut a 3 person play when you like game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVB9...has_verified=1 - Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KttE...ature=emb_logo - Demo overview from a streamer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3XUkuxkPwc - Another useful source.
    Cheers, Bert

Looks good to me. Will be getting the demo for a play later today

Community Administrator RogueTaylor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DannagE View Post
    Looks good to me. Will be getting the demo for a play later today
    Ditto, me a few others are planning to try it together. Its only a 3 player co-op game but looks great and there is supposed to be a good amount in the demo.

Servers are down

I can see why they wanted to bench test this with a demo, don't want another CP2077 on our hands

I've given Outriders a good run and tried each class of character up to the end of the demo. It's a pretty tough game, takes decent knowledge and use of the special anomoly skills of a particular character and good FPS aim as well.

I haven't tried it co-op well because nobody is really playing it in dMw and most pubbys are just messing around. I would avoid Pyro if you want to avoid a tough path. It's fun but way under protected. TEchno is very easy to beat the demo with. Trickster is a lot of fun, as it's just utter chaos and lots of fast movement. Devastator could do with being more tanky if that's what it's meant to be doing as a role, although I like the moves and with timing and good choice of skills it seems like that will be my first character going forward. The first main boss goes down in under 30 seconds if you get up close and steamroller him.

If anyone wants to team up let me know.

for any one with a xbox console and gamepass , outriders is free, yep just not on pc gamepass as of yet.
    battle.net: Sneakytiger#2501
    steam: -=[dMw]=-Sneakytiger
    Epic games:Sneakytiger
    Xbox:Sneakytiger

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakytiger View Post
    for any one with a xbox console and gamepass , outriders is free, yep just not on pc gamepass as of yet.
    cool. Bit of a coup that

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakytiger View Post
    It supports cross platform PC with Console so even if you play on the XBox we can be rubbish at it together!!

Just received my key and pre-order dlc. Install is already live, game goes live at 5pm BST tomorrow.

Actually looking forward to a game release, I expect it'll be terrible as they all are but hey.

So after 2 days of capacity related instability, something that apparently was 100% down to Square Enix not giving the Developers the support to increase their server allocation from the get go, they got it together.

The game itself is great fun with a good story driven experience and interesting load out and mod options. It's also tough, as you progress through the story your character levels up and therefore so do your enemies, who are always a leve or 3 above your own. Added to that is a thing called a World Tier, which influences the level of risk reward you want to experience in the game. The higher the world tier, the better rewards you get but the tougher the enemies are. About mid way through progressions the world tier (8 out of 15) is too tought to solo.

Performance wise, it plays very well on a 1080Ti, and anything higher. There are no real game breaking bugs that I've experienced and you can retry missions at different difficulty levels and benefit from the rewards at the higher level, allowing you to test your load out. Only when you are at your highest world tier do you gain and lose XP based on whether you die or succedd.

So that leads to my point (other than to plug the game), anyone playing who might want to team up?

I am reasonably competant (read that is just about useful) and anyone starting out I can pass on a few tips.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information