New PC - crazy times

I was having a poke around scan.co.uk and overclockers.co.uk as I'm thinking about getting a new PC. So many nice looking systems seem to be out of stock or waiting components. Can I assume we're still in the no GPU's anywhere on Earth situation.
    I've decided to go all moral and join the Chaos Clan so no Nvidia for me. However I still can't see any really decent rigs that aren't waiting for bits? Am I just looking in the wrong place or are things really that bad?

I think there's a bit of a problem with all sorts of pc parts, there's a bit of a global shortage in silicone I think, that plus the boom in mining again has graphics cards going out faster than they can knock them out.

I though as much. Maybe I will go to PC World when they open and speak to one of their excellent Technical Experts. I hear these Hewlett Packard's are quite the thing

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by smilodon View Post
    Can I assume we're still in the no GPU's anywhere on Earth situation.
    Yes. Even the miners have got cute, they have bought all the systems with the high end GPUs just so they can strip them for the GPU and parts.

I have been watching for a GPU now for almost three months. I have a brand new mobo, CPU and RAM sitting on a shelf at the moment awaiting the final piece of the jigsaw. I have seen a couple (literally) in EU countries (Poland, Germany and one in France), but absolutely zero in the UK - and that doesn't matter if you are Team Red or Team Blue, neither are in stock.

TL.
    Wisdom doesn't necessarily come with age. Sometimes age just shows up all by itself. (Tom Wilson)
    Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships. (Michael Jordan)

I can sell you an excellent 1080Ti.

Only £3,000.

With current market rates, that's pretty much a bargain.

All our Gods have abandoned us.

Blog Entries
    I can get my hands on 12 3090 but wouldnt call it legal ;)

"It's hard, but not as hard as Arma!!!" Tutonic
    "This game is horribly broken" Oldbloke
    "Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil... prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon.." Terry Pratchetts

Well yawl held back so long anyway for your upgrades so another 2 years won't hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by smilodon View Post
    I though as much. Maybe I will go to PC World when they open and speak to one of their excellent Technical Experts. I hear these Hewlett Packard's are quite the thing
    get one of these...they are never obsolete!

00E6D073-207C-4604-BECA-501F38D6D24B.jpg

Council
    Blog Entries
    https://kotaku.com/smuggled-nvidia-c...ase-1846639727

Did you place an order with Wish for a graphics card and a side of shark fin?
    ===============
    Master of maybe

Thread Information