Cool Banu Merchantman seems to be getting some love

Banu Merchantman - Building, balancing, and implementing the Merchantman, the Banu-made trading vessel, into the game.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/s...p-may-5th-2021

The dev tracker only goes as far as December and the Merchantmen's entry looks like they are aiming for a Christmas release.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/r...r/deliverables

Don't hold your breath though

This is one i'm really interested in. It was put forward just before the Carrack, and that was made quite a lot bigger than originally planned. The spec card for the MM is quite varied, so it'll be interesting to see how they expect a 'floating mall' to turn out.
    Vehicle Door Improvements
    Updates to the underlying implementation of vehicle door setup that will allow for more advanced interactions, including ramps aligning to terrain and other ship-specific behaviors.
    Anyone who's done any planetside stuff (mining mostly though) will know how frustrating this has been. This will be just as welcome.
    "Forewarned is forearmed"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Galatoni View Post
    This is one i'm really interested in.
    +1. I just loved the look of the Banu MM and it ended up being the first ship I ever bought.

Seriously frustrated at not being able to play in the Alpha at the moment due to lack of sufficiently good graphics card. And there's no stock anywhere to buy either. So frustrating.
    TL.
    Wisdom doesn't necessarily come with age. Sometimes age just shows up all by itself. (Tom Wilson)
    Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships. (Michael Jordan)

Oh they are available, but 2.5x the retail:

https://www.megekko.nl/product/1963/...10G-Videokaart

AMD are better in terms of price. Same as this for a 6900XT.
    Cheers, Bert

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by albert View Post
    Oh they are available, but 2.5x the retail:
    Yeah I'm not paying that markup. Especially as import duty etc would be extra when it arrived!
    TL.
    Wisdom doesn't necessarily come with age. Sometimes age just shows up all by itself. (Tom Wilson)
    Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships. (Michael Jordan)

I suppose it split those who want to build with those who want to buy built. My buddy finally found there are overpriced 3070s here in NL for €1000 which is a snip of a price compared to a month ago.

It seems a number of pre-builds with pretty much any choice of card can be delivered within a few weeks.

Our work has a deal on Dell and their flagship Ryzen with a 6800XT is €2850 (https://www.dell.com/en-uk/shop/gami...top/d00awr1036) which is about the price of the gfx card (current market price £1400-£1500 new) plus whatever one top.

Not a bad way to get a new rig with the hard to get cards.

nVidia claim they will have a large bump in availability in the next few weeks. Not sure about AMD.

Blog Entries
    We'll see. I'll retain it as vaporware until i actually see the stock levels rise!
    TL.

Thread Information