Quote Originally Posted by Sneakytiger View Post
    i'll post another when i've tidyed up.lol
    Yes by god you're a messy ******* lol.
    PEN
    (Formerly: ThePENDRAGON)

Quote Originally Posted by Chaosphere View Post
    Aaaaand there we go.

Attachment 6006

Let's all just ignore the cable management, please and thankyou.
    I'm a little concerned you haven't got enough headphones there chief. No wonder you were taking at the **** out of mine at the LAN. All fitting into place now.
    PEN
    (Formerly: ThePENDRAGON)

Quote Originally Posted by Penfold View Post
    I'm a little concerned you haven't got enough headphones there chief.
    I keep telling Jas the same thing, but for some reason she doesn't buy it.

Also Pen, you need to upgrade your chair game! The tech is neat though, without a doubt.
    All our Gods have abandoned us.

Currently used for both work and play purposes

548F6F14-9309-455F-8601-63B9F1D1156A.jpg

I'm liking all of these double desk set ups.

We found a desk that fits along the length of our study, with Jasmines area just to the right of mine. Now I'm wondering If I should have gone with an 'L'!

Quote Originally Posted by Chaosphere View Post
    Aaaaand there we go.

Attachment 6006

Let's all just ignore the cable management, please and thankyou.
    Ah I see you are a man of clutter, I mean culture as well.... I too believe in the organised *ahem* Chaos...
    Love is the one thing that transcends time and space.

That's it on a relatively tidy day.

A creative mess is better than tidy idleness...

Lovely setups, might inspire me to sort mine out

@Penfold do you not find that really uncomfortable? It's a lovely looking room/desk, very cosy but boy that chair looks punishing. I don't know how you work with the screen off the side like that all the time either, it hurts my neck!

@Chaos, why so many headphones!? Do you have a pair for gaming/movies and different genres of music or something? When it comes to games, is there a diminishing return on the sound quality due to the quality of the sound in game? With music you can get uncompressed audio which I imagine does make a big difference but is that the case with games?

For gaming it's definitely a case of diminishing returns. You may notice quality improvements, but as your focus is normally elsewhere the audio becomes a smaller part of the overall picture.

As you touched upon, the reason to own multiple pairs is for different flavours of listening. The headphones are all quite different in how they present music, and it's quite nice to go from one to the other depending on what I'm listening to, or sometimes just my mood. I also have different amps for the same reason, although the end result is always 90% headphone, 10% everything else.

Realistically you have to be really into not just music but headphones as a way of listening, to go down the rabbit hole. Some people prefer speakers, some in-ears, and many just don't care - they use whatever is convenient at the time.

It is however nice to see hi-fi audio becoming more accessible to the average music-lover, which I think happens as a combination of lower prices and smaller form factors. I picked up some Sennheiser 599s a few years ago, having not used any decent cans for a while, and after that I was hooked. They were basically a gateway drug.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information