Thread: commandmenu.txt

I was updating my config post over at FoCA as were unpolitely forced back to adminmod (long story, but I dont think we'll be renewing with the host in Oct due to it) and I thought of you guys over here, especially with the opening of Baldric to pub.

One thing that most do not utilize is the commandmenu.txt file in the root dir of cstrike. It is fully customizable and usable in-game to store commands to execute. If you find yourself typing the same tsays over and over and over... this takes the work out of it. Flowing menus and point & click..voila. There goes a custom tsay. We try to do a warn 1, warn 2 and then kick/ban, so I layer my tsays as such and it also enforces consistency (and spelling mistakes!) in server messages.

Editing is simple if you've scripted at all (remember to open "{" and close "}" statements.

http://forums.foca-cs.com/index.php?showtopic=192&hl=

Here are my current cfg's. A good portion of them were adopted from Private Joker's configs and then dragged through the mud for my own use.

I bind one key to exec my autoexec from in game, in case they don't load (happens on map changes sometimes).

Updated for 1.6 - Dec 26, 2003
    Updated for AdminMod - Jun 10, 2004

Do yourself a favor and back up your configs before you start playing with your setup.

autoexec.cfg
    bobscripts.cfg
    bobskeybinds.cfg
    bobssettings.cfg

bind <key> "+commandmenu"

commandmenu.txt
    I invoke mine with

bind "F5" "+commandmenu"

I was an admin in cigs and used the commandmenu.
    I&#39;m still using it, it is very handy even when you are not an admin you can do much with it.

You can download my old one from here: commandmenu

The dMw admins already use this extensively. I&#39;ve tailored mine to use both rcon and AMX commands.

Very nice then&#33;

OB, any chance of seeing yours? I noted a few things in Ice&#39;s that I either hadn&#39;t considered or just a better way of doing. I&#39;m always curious to see helpful things.

Cheers&#33;

Originally posted by Rabbi Bob@Jun 11 2004, 10:29 AM
    Very nice then&#33;

OB, any chance of seeing yours? I noted a few things in Ice&#39;s that I either hadn&#39;t considered or just a better way of doing. I&#39;m always curious to see helpful things.

Cheers&#33;
    NP.

Here&#39;s the one I currently use for CZ. It&#39;s based heavily on the Rze version and, as you&#39;ll see, I&#39;ve not finished converting it fully to CZ as yet.

Nice command menu oldie, i might nick a few bits.

hhmm i have 3 different commandmenu&#39;s

But i checked Rabbi and OB his menu and i think i&#39;m going to use some stuff from them ;)

Thread Information