SRP: $54.99
    Frequency Response: 18-20,000 Hz
    Impedance: 60 ohms
    Weight: 5.4 oz.
    Sensitivity: 106 dB
    Distortion: <0.1%
    Cord: Straight, Dual Entry, 8ft
    Plug: 3.5 mm/6.4 mm SPL/1mW

I must say I was very disappointed with this headset. The microphone is very good and the headphones have great sound but the attachment of the microphone is really crap. I used the headset for 10 minutes then the tiny plastic detail that held the microphone boom was not working and couldn’t be repaired. Koss usually produces quality equipment but this was a huge disappointment especially considering the price. I returned it to the shop the same day and received a refund. I don’t think Koss had gamers in mind when designing that attachment of the microphone.

Cosonic Headset CD-6611MW

SRP: £ 5.50
    Frequency Response: 10-30,000 Hz
    Impedance: 32 ohms
    Sensitivity: 105 dB at 1khz +/-2%
    Cord: 2 meters
    Plug: 3.5 mm

Cosonic Headset CD-850MW

SRP: £ 12.50
    Frequency Response: 20-20,000 Hz
    Impedance: 32 ohms
    Weight: 200 g
    Sensitivity: 105 dB at 1khz +/-2%
    Cord: 2 meters

These two headsets are surprisingly good considering the price. The microphone needs some adjustments to become clear enough but work well. The microphone boom is bendable and is also the first thing that breaks (the cord inside) when used excessively. The headphones are confortable especially for the 850MW model and has a good enough sound for gaming. The volume control on the chord is a definite bonus and is usually not available for headsets in this price range. If you want cheap but fairly good headset these from Cosonic are a very good choice.

Trust, Multi Function Bass Headset 410
    I have the 310 (not sure) and it&#39;s working for a 1,5 year and survived 2 LANs allready. The sound is a getting a bit worse but still works excellent.

Key features
    Stereo headset with microphone
    Dynamic Mega Bass Boost
    Adjustable volume and bass control
    USB power cable to save battery life (Limited Edition)
    Soft earpads and head band
    Batteries included
    Cable length 2.5 m.
    Item number: 12576

Recommended retail price* :
    € 30,00
    Survivor of LAN V, VI, VIII, IX, X, XII, XIV, XVI, XVIII, XX, XXIV, XXX, XXXII, XXXIV and XXXVI so far...
    Lionheart; Grolsch to DuVeL is like spinache to Popeye
    Cheesepuff...A cyborg is sent from the future on a deadly mission. He has to kill Ninja_Freak, a young Man whose life will have a great significance in years to come.Ninja has only one protector - DuVeL - also sent from the future. The Terminator uses his exceptional intelligence and strength to find Ninja_Freak & attempt to terminate him.

Trust Multi Function Headset 310

http://www.trust.com/
    http://www.trust.com/products/product.aspx?artnr=12349

SRP: £ 15.50
    Cord: 2.5 meters

This headset from Trust give a good impression out of the box. The microphone arm is of very good quality and the microphone is surprisingly clear. The headphones has clear sound but the padding of the headphones aren&#39;t that comfy if you play for more than 30 minutes. The padding is made of some plastic material with the intention of looking a bit like leather and you get very warm and humid by your ears. Not confortable at all. I modified the padding myself and removed the terrible plastic ones and replaced them with the padding of my old (not working) Cosonic 850MW&#33; This made the headphones much more confortable but also improved the sound as your ear became completely encapsulated. You have a volume control on the chord and an on/off switch for the microphone which is good.

Plantronics Audio 90

Gamers and audiophiles will appreciate the rich, full-range stereo sound of the Plantronics .Audio 90 multimedia stereo PC headset. This new headset is perfect for games, music, Internet chat, telephony, speech recognition, and video conferencing. Equipped with inline volume and mute controls, a QuickAdjust microphone boom and a superior noise-canceling microphone for improved speech accuracy. The lightweight, comfortable design lets you work and play in comfort. Compatible with popular sound cards, just plug it in and start talking. MacOS users may require an additional adapter.
    Specifications
    http://www.plantronics.com/media/media_res...o/audio_eng.pdf

SRP: £ 40

This is my current headset and I must agree with the quote above. This headset delivers what you are paying for. The two piece microphone boom is very good and the attachment will not fail you. You will need excessive force to break it. Sound is clear both for the headphones and the microphone and I do understand its popularity.

Originally posted by Dr Sadako@Jan 5 2005, 08:38 PM
    Plantronics Audio 90

Specifications
    http://www.plantronics.com/media/media_res...o/audio_eng.pdf

SRP: £ 40

This is my current headset and I must agree with the quote above. This headset delivers what you are paying for. The two piece microphone boom is very good and the attachment will not fail you. You will need excessive force to break it. Sound is clear both for the headphones and the microphone and I do understand its popularity.
    Im also use the same headset.

Ive used the same one for over 4 years. Touch wood it should last another 4.

(feel free to delete if it falls in the banter catagory)

Yup. I&#39;m on Audio 90s too. They get a lot of use/abuse and are still in first class condition. If/when they ever fail I&#39;ll buy another set of the same.

I use this, a Labtec Verse 514:

Which is sensitive enough to sit happily on my desktop and work wonnerully.

100 - 16000hertz frequency response
    Audio input and voice-over-IP
    Monitor or desk mountable
    Mute switch
    Noise cancellation microphone eliminates any unwanted crap - used it for 2 years now, no probs what so ever.

Then for headphones I use:

Ministry of Sound DJ 1004

Fantstic sound quality, best headphones I have ever listened to, at a bargain at £30. Only thing is after a couple of hours, if you&#39;re wearing glasses, they get a bit sore around the back of the ear, where the arms of the glasses get sandwiched between your head and your ear&#33;

Headphone Type: closed back
    Driver Size (mm) 40
    Frequency Response (Hz) 20-22000
    Impedance (ohms) 32
    Sensitivity (dB) 116
    Cable Length (metre) 3.0
    Cable Type straight
    Detachable Cable no
    Connector Type 3.5mm jack + 6.35mm adapter
    General Weight (kg) 0.327
    Accessories Supplied carrying bag

Headphones
    could not live without them, had a pair of Cosonic Headset CD-850MW but the mic broke . My current ones are very light and have great sound. They are very big so you look a bit dorky wearing them <_< And I just can´t live without them

Plantronics DSP 300 Here I thought the Audio 90s were light&#33; I&#39;ve still got them attached to my server machine and if I have to use the they now seem clumping.

Page 1 of 48 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information